- Age /Height/Weight: 28/5’10”/155
- Nickname: Odi
- Car Number: 723
- Hometown: Kaunas, Lithuania
- Team: Team M7 Japan
- Car nickname: The Other Woman
- Car Specs:
- Tires: Nexen N6000 rear, Nexen N9000 front
- Engine: CBM Motorsports forged internals LS2, Clutch Masters twin disc clutch
- Horsepower: 430hp / 400tq
- Suspension: Feal Suspension 441 Drift Coilovers, Battle Version arms, Swift springs
- Brakes: Z32 EBC rotors and Yellow Stuff pads
- Wheels: XXR 527, 18x8.75, 18x9.75
- Exterior: Wrap by 702 Graphics
- Interior: M7 Japan Bride seats, M7 Japan gauges
- Connect with Aurimas Bakchis (Odi):
Aurimas raced motocross growing up and raced rally cars throughout 2008 and 2009. As the owner of an automotive and motorcycle suspension company, Aurimas is intrigued by the techniques associated with competitive motorsports. After a friend brought him to a local drift track in 2009 Aurimas purchased a Nissan S13 and learned to drift. In his first season of competitive drifting in 2010, Aurimas earned his professional Formula Drift license through two different Pro-Am series and started to fulfill one of his lifelong goals to drive professionally. In his first professional drifting season Aurimas was awarded honors as the 2011 Formula Drift "Rookie of the Year". In 2012 Aurimas joined Nexen Tire USA and hopes to make an even bigger impact throughout the season.
When and why did you start drifting? I started drifting in 2009 after a friend brought me to a local track. Drifting looked challenging and unique from other motorsports, so I bought an S13 and gave it a try.
What do you like about drifting? Drifting is so different from other motorsports; I enjoy the challenge of precision driving and the fact that I can express my driving style, not just set a fast lap.
Who is your inspiration/rolemodel (in and out of the drift scene)? James Bond
Where is your favorite place to drift? Willow Springs International Raceway
Why do you like using NEXEN Tires on your Drift Car? Nexen Tires offers several functional options, last awhile, and work well with my car setup.
What is your memorable drifting moment? Winning XDC in Las Vegas in 2010 was awesome and helped me realize that being a professional driver within one year of competitive driving was an attainable goal.
What do you like to do for fun when you're not drifting? I like to hang out at my home in the national forest and go on outdoor adventures.
What are your favorite drifting events? I really like the Formula Drift event at Road Atlanta; it’s such a fun course and the whole atmosphere is a great time.
List of accomplished motorsports awards:
- 2011 Formula Drift Rookie of the Year (highest ranking rookie)
- Top 16 driver overall for the 2011 Formula Drift pro championship (over 55 competing drivers)
- Placed 1st at Formula Drift Team Drift competition in Long Beach, CA, April 2012
- Placed 4th at Formula Drift Round 6 in Las Vegas, NV, August 2011
- Placed 2nd at Extreme Drift Circuit Series (XDC) in Irwindale, CA, March 2011
- Series Champion of 2010 Vegas Drift Pro Am Series, August 2010
- Placed 2nd Overall in 2010 Top Drift Pro Am Series, September 2010
- Placed 1st at XDC in Las Vegas, NV, May 2010
What would you like to say to your fans? I love you all!
What is your favorite catch phrase? Do not inflict on other people’s natural rights.
Do you have a hidden talent? I’m really good at opening those impossible to open jars for my wife
What are your hobbies? Travel, hanging out at home in the forest
What is your favorite movie? The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
What music do you like to listen to? Indie Rock, Classic Rock