ALL-STAR NEXEN TEAM TAKES TO THE “STREETS OF LONG BEACH” TO KICK OFF FORMULA DRIFT 2018 SEASON
Interviews Available With All-New 2018 Nexen Roster:Three-Time Championship Winner Chris Forsberg, 2015 Champion Fredric Aasbo and Prominent Drivers Ryan Tuerck, Alec Hohnadell and Jhonnattan Castro
2015 champion and 2017 second overall driver Fredric Aasbo
WHAT: Global tire manufacturer and motorsports powerhouse Nexen Motorsports USA is kicking off the 2018 Formula DRIFT season this Friday, April 6 and Saturday, April 7 at Formula DRIFT Round 1: Streets of Long Beach. The 2018 Nexen Tire team is the most experienced group of drivers to wear the Nexen Tire badge – lead by three-time DRIFT champion, Chris Forsberg.
- 2015 champion and 2017 second overall driver Fredric Aasbo is smashing into the season with the all-new Rockstar Energy / Nexen Tire Toyota Corolla Hatchback and plenty of momentum
- Prominent drivers Alec Hohnadell and Jhonnattan Castro are returning to the track for a shot at this years’ championship
- 15-year Formula DRIFT veteran Kyle Mohan puts a 16th race season under his belt
- New Nexen driver Ryan Tuerck is looking to make his mark felt on the track
- Dan Burkett and Josh Robinson round out the all-star team
- All drivers rely on Nexen’s SUR4G tires – engineered with proprietary technology for superior grip, handling and weather performance
- All drivers will be available for interviews onsite both before and after the races
Spectators can enter the gates beginning at 11:00 a.m. PST on Friday, April 6. The qualifying round begins at 1:15 p.m., and the main competition will commence on Saturday, April 7 at 3:30 p.m. PST. Nexen Tire USA will be onsite in a brand experience tent where fans can meet the famous Nexen models and get autographs.
WHERE: Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, Calif.
WHEN: Friday, April 6 – Saturday, April 7
NEXEN TIRE AMERICA CONTINUES UNWAVERING SUPPORT TO DEALER NETWORK DURING COVID-19 SITUATION –DISTRIBUTION CENTERS, WARRANTY SUPPORT, ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE AND MORE STILL OPERATIONAL NATIONWIDE
New Passat equipped with Nexen Tire’s N'FERA AU7 premium tire
UHP tire with significant improvements offers a premium ride experience
Iraq War Veteran and CEO of Fort Hood Area Habitat for Humanity Using Nexen Hero Jeep Wrangler to Continue Supporting Veterans in his Local Community